Thursday, March 7, 2013

Top 5 favorite fashion/beauty YouTube channels


 I love finding new fashion/beauty YouTube videos to watch, especially when I want to switch up my look and gain inspiration! I'm always trying to search for a new channels, but sometimes I don't know how to find them or it gets hard sifting through the so-so and bad channels. If you're like this too, here's a list of channels that I'm addicted too (like how a soccer mom is addicted to daytime television type addiction). Hope you find one you like:

1. ClothesEncounters
The host of this channel, Jenn has a grungy and more eclectic sense of style (think turtle neck crop tops, shiny disco pants, and a drool worthy Jeffery Campbell shoe collection). She does a lot of look books/ outfit inpiration videos for things like first date, concert attire, christmas, etc. My friend and I have gotten countless tips and ideas from her. But besides her great style, she's also incredibly likeable, which is why I think I keep coming back to her.

2. The Platform
This is an awesome channel, with P'trique (who's oh so chic.) It's a mish-mash of several different channels and hosts that talk about beauty, life, and fashion ideas. This mix of people allows this channel to have so many different styles and ideas that makes it good for a ton of different people.
 If you decide to go on this channel make sure to check out P'trique's  break out video: "Sh*t Fashion Girls Say"!!

3. Mr. Porter
This channel gives a look into menswear/ mens lifestyle. It's an interesting channel because it gives insight to something I didn't really know anything of, such as suits and different patterns/cuts you don't see in women's wear.

4. Michelle Phan
Michelle is a make-up artist that does everything from those "what's in my purse videos" to "Zombie Barbie" make-up looks. Since she has so many different videos shes great for a lot of different occasions (especially halloween). She is actually the first beauty guru I ever saw on YouTube, and was the one got me hooked onto beauty/fashion videos.

5. Andrea's Choice
Andrea's incredibly quirky and funny which is what sets her apart from the other YouTubers. Although she's already part of the Platform community I just talked about above, her DIYs are so great I thought she needed her own section. Her style is more simple and boho and she provides great ideas on how to get looks like that. One of my favorite DIYs was when she made rainbow high waisted shorts for Coachella. If your interested in something more laid back yet refreshing, check her out!