Friday, August 16, 2013

Monetrik

As much as I love my Taylor Swift, Robin Thicke and the very attractive voice of Adam Levine, I am starting to grow tired of listening to the same music on the radio over and over again. To my luck, my friend/music guru has shown me a new artist who I can't get enough of and might even replace my love for Maroon 5.
The artist, Monetrik, is fairly underground still. The most views on his most popular song, Swing Flirt, has gotten is just a bit over 50,000, but many of his songs range views from only 7,000-15,000. There aren't really any vocals in his songs. They're a mix of electronic and inspired melodies from different time periods and countries. Songs like Faces of Peru and Latin Beauty have an obvious Latin  feel. While Swing Flirt takes me to the 1920s. I never get that bored feeling I get after listening to Blurred Lines and Clarity by Zedd for the 20th time in the last hour. When listening to Monetrik, I feel like I'm traveling and exploring a new and modern country. Each song is captivating and different something we really need more of on the radio.



Swing Flirt: Monetrik