Saturday, August 30, 2014

taipei testimonies: A Photo Diary

I'm back from Asia with mountains of photos and cool do-dads. Unfortunately, I had to cut my trip a little short, and I wasn't able to go to Japan. But, I still had a great time in Taiwan!

If you're ever in Taipei here's a list of things to do:
- monuments! I know this can sound boring but their monuments are gorgeous and really remind me of DC
-eat dumplings at Din Tai Fung
- try a traditional hotpot
-check out creative parks (especially Huashan 1914)
- see (red) pandas at the zoo
-Temples (especially during Ghost Week)

Check it out, my seven day trip to Taiwan:



Queuing for the subway



Art in the subway stations

Mopeds beyond Mopeds
Taipei 101


A traditional hotpot with beef, fish cakes, tofu, and some beer.

Two of my mom's co-workers excited for hotpot

Add caption

Step Up Taiwan

Add caption

Offerings to ancestors at a temple

Wandering through the temple behind my mom


Trying Ox Tongue at Ipppudo Taiwan 

Dumpling baskets at Din Tai Fung


Lunch at Creative Park Huashan 1914

Walls of Huashan 1914

Left over wine factory buildings at Huashan 1914


Add caption


Guard at a Memorial

Ghost Week Offerings 

Protests at a construction site




Ladies and their Tai Chi

Byeeee Asiaaaa



Postscript: All photos were taken with my iPhone and a 3-in-1 Camkix lens.