Wednesday, November 12, 2014

October Favorites

Hey it's me, and it's officially November! It's insane how fast this month went, and I feel like the next month will go only faster. The exciting part about November is Thanksgiving, and we can all start planning for Christmas (possibly the best holiday next to Halloween). Anyway now that's November, I thought I'd reflect on my ultimate favorites of October. Here it is. My month summed up in a few products:


Viktor and Rolf's Flower Bomb: I know I'm a little late to hop on this band wagon, after all the beauty gurus were raving about it last holiday season. But, I got the small bottle of it and have been in love with the smell. Get this perfume if you naturally gravitate towards floral, fruity scents.

Arcade Fire's Sprawl II: In the past, I only listened to some of their songs, but I stumbled upon this song a few weeks ago. I know it's a bit old (from their 2010 album, The Suburbs), but I have been listening to this non stop.

Steve Aoki: If you're into EDM, Steve Aoki is one of the best DJs. Definately check him out. It's great studying music.

Freeman's Clay Mask in Avocado and Oatmeal: The Freeman brand was a recommendation from a fellow writer at my university's life and style magazine. She originally suggested the cucumber peel off mask, but I tried this instead because of my combination skin. Let me tell you though, FREEMAN'S HAS THE BEST MASK OF ALL TIME. This mask works on the dry and oily parts of my face. So, it should work on all skin types. Check it out at CVS for about $4.50.

Shea Moisture's Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner: Growing out my hair for the past few months has been a struggle, especially now that it's getting colder. If you're having trouble with split ends or just extremely dry hair I would get this conditioner. It's one of those products where a little pump of it, goes a long way. It also works as a deep conditioner in the shower as well as a leave in conditioner. Buy it at CVS for about $10

Mini Bobby Pins: they're about half the size of regular bobby pins and are pretty darn cute. These are perfect for fly aways or baby hairs.